Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backup failing with 99

2010-10-31 06:32:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup failing with 99
From: Saran Brar <saranbrar AT live DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:01:49 +0530
Hello everyone,

We just installed two NDMP drives  on one of our NetApp filers. Since then backups are failing with 99 generic error code. Backups if ran through another filer like a 3 way NDMP backup complete successfully.

Usually for a NDMP backup to complete successfully, it has to clear all five phases but when looked into the affected filer's logs, we saw the backup fails at Phase 2. I have really no idea from where to start.

Any clue will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saran