Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client

2010-10-26 10:26:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client
From: "THELEN, ROBERT M (ATTSI)" <rt5945 AT att DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:26:19 -0500
It's too bad that this thread didn't happen a few weeks ago, as now I am
committed to delivering a SAN Client solution for a client that is
incomplete.

We are running NBU 6.5.4, and no restores have worked yet at all, with
SAN Client enabled.  Unfortunately, we are deploying SAN Client
specifically because the client does not have any more ports available
to use for backup.  Restoring the backups over the LAN is really not an
option in this case.

I will be opening a case with Symantec about this, and I will see about
having it linked with your case.

-Rob Thelen.