Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 7.0.1 in another domain

2010-10-19 09:04:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 7.0.1 in another domain
From: Girish Jorapurkar <girishsj AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>, judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 06:03:04 -0700 (PDT)
No worries. It does fall back to vnetd connections. Actually, if I remember
correctly, it tries both simultaneously and whichever returns first is used.
PBX is typically faster than vnetd to respond.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136791

However, vnetd support is mainly for backward compatibility - though it would
work for 7.0.1 clients too.

The key here would be to get / analyze the output from:
bptestbpcd -h <anotherdomainclient> -verbose -debug

I can't think of anything else changed as far as server-client communication.

Another thing to look for is use CONNECT_OPTIONS setting. It is better to be
left default (don't set it) and open up vnetd/PBX port.