Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client

2010-10-18 18:04:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client
From: "Tanuja Korlepra" <Tanuja_Korlepra AT symantec DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:04:21 -0700
Hi Dennis,

SAN Client restore functionality was well tested for NetBackup 6.5.6.
What is the exact error code/message that you see when the job fails? Do
you have the case number?

If the restore is urgent, as a workaround, you can restore files over
the LAN. There is no difference in the backup image file format when
using Fibre Transport mechanism instead of LAN for data transfers.

To do that, go to -
Media and Device Management > Devices > SAN Clients > SAN Client Usage
Preference
Uncheck "Use defaults from the Master Server Configuration" and select
"Never".

Once the restore is done or the issue is fixed, you can go back to
default settings.
Hope this helps!

Tanuja Korlepra
NetBackup Engineering, IMG