Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 7.0.1 in another domain

2010-10-18 16:36:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 7.0.1 in another domain
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:36:42 +0000

Would like to know of anybody else has done this, and if so do you have any issues.

I have an aix master.  Working with windows clients.

My master is  aixmaster.domain.com

My windows client is winclient.otherdomain.com

Now they are both my domains, and they are both in my computer room, but there is a fire wall between them.

I upgrade my mater to 7.0.1

Client still at 6.5.5  works fine.

Client upgrade to 7.0 – works fine.

Client upgraded to 7.0.1 – master server can no longer communicate with client.

Client downgraded to 7.0 – works fine.

Has anybody else got clients on different domains where the client and the master are both at 7.0.1

And do they work?