Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0.1 / ndmp / netapp

2010-10-18 09:25:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0.1 / ndmp / netapp
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:48:37 -0400

I have run in to a strange one with version 7.0.1.  Running on a W2K3R2 master, backing up vfilers on a netapp 3170 via ndmp. The backups work, but for some reason the byte count is now double. I know for a fact it has not “doubled” to tape or I would have an extra 10 LTO-4 tapes being used. When I add up the actual byte count on the vfilers I come up with half that reported by the backups. In version 6.5 I did not see this. Has anyone else experienced this?

David Spearman

County of Henrico, Va.