Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone seen this? CORBA::EXCEPTION connection / Failed to reset the device allocations

2010-10-14 17:36:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone seen this? CORBA::EXCEPTION connection / Failed to reset the device allocations
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:36:17 -0400 (EDT)
Wow,

You will not believe it, I had Device monitor open on the master from
earlier and did a 'refresh' when it was down, but the jnbSA was still up
on the master, the 'refresh' was holding a LOCK on the media server,
causing it to be 'PERMISSION DENIED' below, I cannot believe it!

To confirm this is the case--

I rebooted the media server (now that the media server is no longer in the
"refreshing..." state and after it came back up I ran vmoprcmd -d ds and
it came right back, no errors!

Wow, first time I have seen that as the culprit (jnbSA), something to keep
in mind when not only troubleshooting problems but when it also can be the
problem itself.

I have a case open with Symantec I'll let them know about this bug
(6.5.6).

Justin.