Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restores timing out after retiring a media server

2010-10-14 09:17:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restores timing out after retiring a media server
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:17:03 -0400

You can do this any time (we do it all the time for DB refreshes).  Make sure you notify the request daemons of the change.  (bpadm àg(lobal) àm(odify) àd (notify – don’t ask me why it is d).

There’s also a command line string to do the same thing but I never remember it – the bpadm is a text interface so is fairly quick.

However, you should still go through the steps of removing the media server if it is gone.   There are many actions in NBU that try to reach all media servers that will either fail or go very slowly due timeouts trying to reach the media server.