Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade to NBU 6.5.6 and SSO

2010-10-14 04:43:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade to NBU 6.5.6 and SSO
From: "William Brown" <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:42:33 +0200
My understanding of SSO is that you buy a license per-drive, but that license
does have to be installed on both the Master and every Media Server that shares
the drives.  As the licence is not keyed to the drive, I assume that if it
makes any check it is either that there is an SSO licence or possibly even that
it has the right number of units.

The 'Shared Storage Guide' says:

No special installation is required for the Shared Storage Option. When
NetBackup software is installed, the Shared Storage Option software also is
installed. However, you must activate the feature by entering the Shared Storage
Option license key on the NetBackup master server. Also install the key on each
NetBackup media server that shares drives.

William D L Brown