Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Basic Onbar questions

2010-10-13 10:56:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Basic Onbar questions
From: Renee Carlisle <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:56:28 -0400

Was hoping there may be some NBU/Informix gurus out there that can help me with some onbar questions.  My familiarity is more with RMAN:

NBU Version: 7.0

Informix Version: 9.4

OS: AIX 5.3

1.       Does the Informix onsmsync process need to be run with each NB Backup?

2.       What is the correct syntax for Informix onsmsync process with NBU?

3.       Should an onmode –l  backup the logs automatically or do you have to use an onbar –b –l command?

4.       Are there any special permissions required for onbar –b –l?  Getting:

902:/home/informix> onbar -b -l

Permission denied

/home/informix/940UC7/bin/onbar[91]: /dev/null: cannot create

Permission denied

/home/informix/940UC7/bin/onbar[120]: /dev/null: cannot create

5.       The logs get backed up when doing it manually, but when we try to use the alarm program within Informix, it does not appear to work.  Is there something special that needs to be done when rolling logs with the alarm program ?

Thanks for your help

Reneé Carlisle