Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Mixed tape drives in library

2010-09-30 10:40:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Mixed tape drives in library
From: Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
To: "przemolicc AT poczta DOT fm" <przemolicc AT poczta DOT fm>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:39:54 -0500
Works fine. We used to have mixed LTO levels as we migrated from
2->3->4. Even now we have LTO3 and LTO4 both set as HCART3, but we also
are no longer using our LTO3 media (which is frozen). If you want to use
both types in a single library set them to different media types.

On 09/30/2010 02:21 AM, przemolicc AT poczta DOT fm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have tape library with LTO4 (FC). We are going to add additional drives
> to this library but the question is if it is reasonable to add the same
> drives (LTO4) or add LTO5 ? What is you experience with mixing
> tapes drives type in libraries ?
>
> Regards
> Przemek

Nate Sanders            Digital Motorworks
System Administrator      (512) 692 - 1038

attachments from your system.