Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] need help with mass tape copy

2010-09-24 14:10:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] need help with mass tape copy
From: "stefanos" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 21:12:40 +0300
Hello,
First of all, it is better to use one media server for the duplication.

To avoid duplicate the same backup image more than ones try this:
Use the command
bpimmedia -spanpools -mediaid xxxxx
to groups of tapes (groups of tapes that the images are span form one tape
to the other)

Then run the command bpimmedia -mediaid xxxx for all the tapes in the group.
And save the output to a single file. Run a sort -u to that file and make a
copy of it.

Now you can run the bpduplicate command with the -Bidfile <file_name> option

stefanos