Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Device Recognition in RHEL5/NBU7

2010-09-24 09:25:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Device Recognition in RHEL5/NBU7
From: Heathe Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: Shekel Tal <Tal.Shekel AT uk.fujitsu DOT com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:08:05 -0500
As far as the zoning in the old environment, I've gone over both with
a fine tooth comb and it looks like I've zoned both environments
exactly alike.

As far as multipath software, I have device mapper multipath
configured on both environments.

As far as letting the wizard finish, I decided to try that and about
halfway through the wizard, NetBackup realized it's all the same
devices and presented me with 3 robots and 92 drives (the correct
number). I'm still confused why my 6.0 environment sees 3 robots and
92 drives after the first scan on the 2nd page of the Hardware
configuration wizard whereas my 7.0 environment has to go about
halfway through before it sees all the devices as 3 robots and 92
drives....

But hey, at least it's working now.

- HKY