Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BPFIS processes running

2010-09-22 05:08:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BPFIS processes running
From: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:08:29 +0100
Chris,

As others have said, bpfis looks after any snapshot/frozen image processing,
and interacts pretty heavily with VCB (you will actually see all the relevant
VCB logging in the bpfis legacy log).

Those bpfis processes will stay in place until either the VCB resources (or
VSS/VSP resources for the local machine backup) they are interacting with on
the local system are released, independent of the usual Netbackup processes.

Hmm. Although you mention you are using NBU7 - are you still using VCB, or have
you moved across to vStorage based backups?

For VCB there is a touch file lock that is created in the Netbackup somewhere,
but I can't remember precisely where.
I think its in <install>\NetBackup\online_util\fs_cntl ; but i don't have any
outstanding locks on any of my environments, so can't confirm.
Check for those files, as well as residual image structure in your VCB snapshot
volumes; also still running vmounter.exe processes (or is it vmmount? Something
like that).

Cheers,
Nic