Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I duplicate existing netbackup images using a brand new SLP

2010-09-18 07:23:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I duplicate existing netbackup images using a brand new SLP
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Mark Glazerman <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 06:22:55 -0500

Mark,

No, SLPs are only aware of the backups they make, so you can't do what you're looking for unless it does the initial backup.  I would find that very handy as well, so I hope Symantec is listening.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Mark Glazerman <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

09/14/2010 12:12 PM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Can I duplicate existing netbackup images using a        brand new SLP

We have been backing up elements of an evault environment to an intelligent disk pool in our data center.  Does anyone know of a way to setup a new SLP, consisting of this existing disk pool and an offsite disk pool, and use this new SLP to duplicate both new and existing images (which already reside on the local disk pool) to the offsite disk pool ?

We know this will work with new backup images written to the original disk pool but we’d really like to be able to send the existing images as well.  Any advice on how we can achieve this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Glazerman
Enterprise Storage Administrator
Spartech Corporation
Desk: 314-889-8282
Fax: 314-854-8282
Cell: 618-520-3401
mark.glazerman AT spartech DOT com
http://www.spartech.com
P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, are intended solely for the use of the addressee, and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, and do not copy or forward it.