Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup NDMP Configuration

2010-09-14 12:17:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup NDMP Configuration
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:17:05 +0000
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:22:55AM -0400, David Turner wrote:
> I am working at a site that has 4 LTO tape drives shared between a
> Netbackup Master server and 1 media server (SSO option).

Right.

> They also have a Netapp Filer. It appears the vendors have made an
> attempt to share 2 of the 4 LTO drives with the filer as well over
> NDMP.

Not sure exactly what you mean here.  Is the drive shared as a direct
attach device (switch configured so the filer can see the drive as a
local drive), or are you trying to use this SSO media drive as a remote
NDMP target?

Both should work.  We have some SSO drives that are shared with a Netapp
filer as direct attach and we have some that are used as remote NDMP
setups.

> Currently all jobs are still queuing even when a drive is
> available. The Netbackup speeds are as slow as 2mb/sec all backups
> (NDMP and non-NDMP Jobs).

Is this a direct connection or is it going over the network?

> Environment:
>
> Veritas Netbackup 6.5

Recommend getting at *least* to 6.5.3 and probably no reason not to go
to 6.5.5.  I wouldn't be surprised if 6.5 has some NDMP bugs.

--
Darren