Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Error code 240

2010-09-13 15:47:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Error code 240
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: "shekhar deshingkar" <sdeshingkar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:47:10 +0200
I assume you are referring to Application Backup schedule?
When you select a database policy type, like Oracle, NetBackup automatically creates a Default-Application-Backup schedule with a 24 x 7 window.

This schedule type is explained in detail in the agent guide for your database. You did not say which database or which NBU version -
All NBU 6.5 manuals can be found here: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290282.htm
(look under the heading called 'Database Extentions')

In short: Database policies normally have 2 schedules:
One Automatic Backup schedule that controls when the policy should start. This schedule will initiate a connection to the client to start the script name that is specified in the Backup Selection.
The client starts the database backup which starts a child job in Activity Monitor. This child job is a User type backup called Default-Application-Backup schedule. This schedule also determines the retention period for the backup,

Hope this helps....

Regards
M.