Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Email Notifications - Changed after 6.5.6

2010-09-09 18:42:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Email Notifications - Changed after 6.5.6
From: "William Brown" <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:41:46 +0200

The upper one looks like those from the ‘notify’ scripts on /usr/openv/netbackup/bin.  They get overwritten which is a pain.  I also discovered that at 6.5.6 some get extra parameters related to multi-stream jobs.  Amusingly one gets I think 7 parameters now, checks it has at least 6, and the comment says 5…  If you used to get them then you had uncommented the lines at the end that have the mail commands.  The logs that are mailed are otherwise overritten by the next job.

They are not I think always overwritten, so you may not have seen it before.  Somewhere in the documents I do recall it warns of this and you should save them.  Luckily it does of course save them itself in the tar file it keeps to support backing out the patch.  I recovered our custom ones from there, and at that point found that the underlying template had changed.  As we run both 6.5.6 and 6.5.4 that is a bore as I now need 2 variants or more customisation, as they get called with different numbers of parameters.

The lower one I also get but that is from the ‘client sends email’ or ‘server sends email’ settings in the server properties.

William D L Brown