Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recommended FC array for D2D2T process

2010-08-26 06:47:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recommended FC array for D2D2T process
From: przemolicc AT poczta DOT fm
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:46:34 +0200
Hello,

we are trying to reorganize our NBU policy backups by adding
using D2D2T. One solution is to use low cost FC array (SATA disks).
Do you have any recommendations regarding such solution (in terms
of performance) on condition that:
- there are about 20 - 30 policies per server
- there are 4-6 servers
- policies start at 22:00 - 02:00
- almost all policies should finish at about 6:00 - 7:00
- each server "pushes" about 2TB of data
- we should have space for at least 2 days of archived data

Regards
Przemek