Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question for NetBackup 7.0 Dedup userORData Domain users

2010-08-25 08:58:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question for NetBackup 7.0 Dedup userORData Domain users
From: RP Storage <rpstor AT hydra.d-12 DOT net>
To: "Alley, Chris" <CAlley AT kforce DOT com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 05:58:01 -0700
Chris, et. al:

HYDRAstor customers also enjoy variable block inline dedupe.  Data resiliency and scalability of the system are its key differentiators.  Let's not forget the WAN-optimized replication and NetBackup OST option.

I completely agree with Stefanos' comment earlier -- Request a demo from whomever you're considering.  I also agree about the uniqueness of the data; however, especially in the case of VMs, the VM data structures lend themselves to benefit when deduplication and compression are utilized.

--RP

Disclaimer:  I'm an advocate for the HYDRAstor product, and will gladly share additional information for anyone who may be curious.  You may also wish to search for the recent HYDRAstor Demo at Tech Field Day Seattle (GestaltIT), where we recently demonstrated our higher-end configuration processing 50,000 MB/sec.  Yes 50,000 Mega-Bytes per second.