Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Questions

2010-08-23 14:56:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Questions
From: "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:56:00 -0400

Our back up set-up is this:  NBU 6.5 loaded on Server 2003.  Policies are configured to write to disk and then the disk is written to a tape

Our backup server lost power, at some point, and missed a few scheduled backups.  When I started the server again, I checked the Activity Monitor and saw that all the missed jobs queued/started on their own.  However when I tried to do a restore for someone, I am unable to see any of the past back ups (only today’s shows up).  How do I get NBU to show all successful back ups?

My second question is related to the above question.  Since I am having problems seeing old back ups that are on the disk, how do I initiate a back up from images on tape?

Thanks,

James McDonald

System Administrator

SAIC - IISBU