Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symantec SQL Agent GUI issue

2010-08-18 13:05:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symantec SQL Agent GUI issue
From: Scott Burge <smburge AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:05:39 -0500
Hello!

   Has anyone been able to successfully configure a Windows 2008/SQL 2008 Server
   with netbackup Client v6.56 to allow a non local administrators who login to
   the server access to use the Netbackup MS SQL Client GUI
   access to view backup images and do restores. Our SQL DBA does not have
   local admin access on Windows 2003-SQL 2005 Servers and is able to have this
   functionality. Error Message he gets is Application connection failed. lease
   select a different SQL Server host and instance, pr press cancel to exit the
   netbackup for the SQL Server Graphical User interface."
   He obviously has all the appropriate access on the SQL end, and when I as a
   test add his ID to the local administrator group on the server it works
   fine.
   On the Windows 2008 Server I have tried using "run as administrator" option
   with his ID, and disabling User Access Control on th Server all together.
   Any ideas would be great. Symantec Support states that a non-local admin
   should never have been able to access the SQL Agent for restores on the
   server, but it clearly works in Windows 2003-SQL2005.

   Thanks in Advance-
   Scott