Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7 on AIX

2010-08-05 11:27:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7 on AIX
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: David McWilliams <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:27:13 -0400
David,

I am running 7.0 in test right now, and it does have the ovpass driver installed and running.  All of the associated drivers and scripts are in /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/driver.

When I run lsdev, it is there and available:

corclv011:/usr/openv # lsdev -l ovpass0
ovpass0 Available 2U-08-2,0 VERITAS Media Changer

Is your robot SCSI or Fiber controlled?  That will determine how much work you will have to go through to configure it.  For SCSI, I think the install_ovpass script catches it.  For fiber, it is a bit more involved.  Here is a doc from Symantec that gives the high level view:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/326806.htm

Scott E. George