Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Microsoft SQL Backups on MSSQL Shared Application Cluster?

2010-07-18 21:09:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Microsoft SQL Backups on MSSQL Shared Application Cluster?
From: Brendan Clover <Brendan.Clover AT unisa.edu DOT au>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:38:56 +0930
Hi Justin,

We moved our SQL backups away from NB agent backups to SQL server backups and
then using NB to pick up the flat files.  The reason for this were the numerous
issues we were getting with backups and, primarily, restores.

When speccing our SQL 2008 environment, Microsoft advised against using backup
agents and to use SQL Server to create flat file backups, we haven't seen any
issues with our mirrored (and clustered) DBs at this point of time.

Regards,

Brendan Clover
Information Technologist
Systems Infrastructure
University of South Australia
Phone: +61 8 830 23641
Fax: +61 8 830 25800

Log your own service calls here: http://www.unisa.edu.au/helpdesk
AskIT documentation and FAQs: http://www.unisa.edu.au/askit

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorised. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately