Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.

2010-07-15 11:53:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.
From: ddobek <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 02:32:58 -0400
NBU 6.0 on unix,
after stopping nbu, powering down a quantum px502 library, pulling the 2 drives
out the back, and putting them back in, powering back on and restarting
nbu...the drives are there, recognizeable but they stay in the down state. I
cannot up them either from gui or the command line.  all jobs that run error
out with a 800 code.  i cannot figure out why the drives will not come up? Any
suggestions?  i've ran some commands to check the drive against the global
database for the serial numbers, and it comes up as seeing both the drives, and
that the serial is correct etc etc.  They just wont come up.  Any help would be
great.
thanks