Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library

2010-07-14 18:39:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library
From: Brandon35 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:39:14 -0400
We do have Vaulting license. It is however not set up at all, and I have never
touched it yet. (Im still new).

What I do know about Vaulting is that it will take the last Full backup images
and copy them (probably with an extended retention) to a set of unused tapes
and optionally eject them for offsite storage.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in any of that.

With that knowledge, I guess I do see the sense in that I could set up a vault
policy to do this work, but honestly, it wasn't a big deal setting up the
Storage Lifecycle Policy with a couple scripts to turn on/off duplication
before/after the weekend :)

What are your thoughts on it though, I am very interested in how you would use
vault for this.