Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library

2010-07-14 14:37:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library
From: Renee Carlisle <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:37:29 -0400
Yep, if you are just running a small test you might be running into an issue
where you don't have enough data to kick off the SLP...for testing, set up the
following on the Master server:

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS  add the value:

MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB 1

That will kick the SLP off after a minute no matter how much data it has...you
just might not want to leave it there for production.  The section on SLP has a
bunch of information on what you can throw in that file.