Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tarr'ed up /tmp/bp dir doesn't seem to work anymore...

2010-07-14 09:42:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tarr'ed up /tmp/bp dir doesn't seem to work anymore...
From: Joseph Despres <jdespres AT csc DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:41:55 -0400

For 5.1 I was able to create tar files for each type of client by pushing out the client to a dummy host
and tar up  ::--->  "/tmp/bp"

I handed these files over to the line of services who support the OS & hardware...

They just dump the tar file on a host and run the following command  ::--->  sh /tmp/bp/bin/client_config

Then edit the bp.conf to match the env.....  And wa-la....  done...

But alas....  I must be doing something wrong!  This same method isn't working
for 6.5.4.....

When the tar files are uses we get the following error  ::--->
/tmp/bp/client_config
File /tmp/bp/bin_net.tar and/or /tmp/bp/bin.tar.Z
is missing on cscecmndc801. Cannot complete the client install.
client_config_failed

If I can't use this method.....  which method can I use?

Thanks......

Joe Despres
Backup Engineer

CSC

3521 Ribcowski Ct  Raleigh, NC  27616

GIS
 |   (o): 1.919.266.1799   |   (c): 1.919.931.9674   |   jdespres AT csc DOT com   |   www.csc.com
https://c3.csc.com/groups/netback

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.