Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives

2010-07-08 11:43:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives
From: Kevin Holtz <klh1456 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "<judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>" <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:42:34 -0500
1. make sure all services are running.
2.  try deleting devices drive/robot from the GUi.  If it fails you can use
vmglob -delete xxx from a command line.

Once the devices are removed.

3. Run scan or sgscan in /volmgr/bin
      You should see a robot and x number of drives.

     Note: if you don't see devices call the system administrator to check the
storage/San presentation for the devices.

4. Once the O/S can see the devices run tpautoconf from volmgr/bin

You should have drives and robot again.

Sent from my mobile

Kevin