Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore issue between Linux gui and Windows gui.

2010-07-08 07:26:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore issue between Linux gui and Windows gui.
From: tsimerson <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 07:24:13 -0400
I've seen this also.  As much as people want to make Windows and UNIX play
nicely together, there are just somethings that don't translate between the
systems.  The file system and file structure is one huge difference.

I would see similar issues when logging into our AIX master server using the
Java interface versus using the native Windows GUI.  We ended up developing an
internal policy that if you needed to restore a Windows file, use the Windows
GUI and the Java GUI connecting to the AIX server for UNIX restores.
Thankfully, 99% of the Windows restores were done by the Windows team so I did
not have to constantly switch between the two interfaces.