Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives

2010-07-08 06:47:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Switch Change caused NBU7 to lose tape drives
From: pharrold AT comcast DOT net
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:46:59 +0000 (UTC)

Not sure on the Windows side, as that sounds like hardware/firmware.  However, on the Solaris media server try running tpautoconf -report_disc

Its possible EMM is having "issues" with the new WWNs being presented and thinks some of the drives are duplicates.

Fairly easy to clean up once you know what EMM is thinking:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/271366.htm