Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Destaging going slow

2010-06-29 10:52:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Destaging going slow
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:52:46 -0400

+1

When I first got to this job we had a major outage of multiple environments because they’d all been built on a single RAID5 array that had a second disk fail while rebuilding the first disk that had failed.   RAID10 will survive double disk failure.  If you must do RAID5 make it into discreet sets so that the amount you lose in double-disk failure is manageable.