Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Recover - DR

2010-06-11 14:13:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Recover - DR
From: Christopher Costa <ccosta.ccc AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:13:18 -0400
Hello to all,

I have a current situation that I need assistance on and I am sure someone on this DL can help me with.

We current have a 6.5.1 NBU environment with a Solaris Master Server and 6 Media Servers (a mixture of AIX, Solaris and Windows)

When we perform a DR recovery test, we take the catalog tape and perform a Hot Catalog Recovery using the DR file, etc. The recovery of the catalog DB works fine, the issue is that in our DR site we do not have the 6 media servers. As we all know the Master Server will respond poorly if it cannot communicate with the media servers configured in the EMM database and bp.conf file.

We run the Symantec recommended commands to remove the media server entry in the EMM database and Volmgr DB, as well as comment out these media servers in the bp.conf.

However these media server entries still show up in the EMM database and no matter how hard and how many times we run these tasks it never works correctly.

At this time we are failing in our audits (RPO/RTO is 24-hours) due to the responsiveness of the Master Server, while it continues to search for these media servers.

Symantec says that we need to have these 6 media servers in the DR site and does not support the methodology we are following.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank You in advance

Chris C.