Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] FalconStor/NetApp w/OST

2010-06-08 09:05:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] FalconStor/NetApp w/OST
From: lselinger AT saskpower DOT com
To: m b <m3bnet AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 07:04:34 -0600

Is anyone using a FalconStor or  NetApp  solution with OST?
If so, do you have an opinion as to how either one compares with Data Domain?

Thanks!
JP

A little late to the party but .. currently we are running FalconStor with OST on AIX running NBU 6.5.4 right now and love it. We are running a single SIR (Single Image Repository) with a single VTL sitting in front of 4 drawers of SataBEASTs with another of the same configuration in the wings to be sent to our alternate data center for replication. We also use vault for offsite duplication right now (DR purposes) but once the replication is in place I believe we'll be getting rid of tape all together. For our Windows environments we are going to be employing NetApp boxes but as of right now everything is just going through our existing NBU env using the backing disk presented to NBU as LUNS or LSUs. I don't have any first hand experience with Data Domain so I don't have a solid comparison however.

Regards,

Lonny