Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backups failng with 156 when VSS is slected

2010-06-03 08:11:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backups failng with 156 when VSS is slected
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: "pranav batra" <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:11:00 +0200

Hi Pranav

You are mentioning Lotus Notes – are you trying to backup the Notes databases with a normal file system backup?

I don’t know of any snapshot provider that will be able to actually snapshot large databases.

You should ideally use the Lotus Notes agent to backup those databases and then exclude them from normal filesystem backups.

Regards

M.