Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN crosscheck - SOLVED

2010-06-01 11:14:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN crosscheck - SOLVED
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Jared Still" <jkstill AT gmail DOT com>, "Dean" <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:14:28 -0400

I was on vacation last week.

Our DBA solved the problem she was having here.

It was the incorrect values for variable NB_ORA_CLIENT in the crosscheck script which used the real hostname instead of the backup LAN hostname which the backup/restore scripts use.

For most of our hosts we have a separate backup LAN.   To distinguish path over the backup LAN as opposed to the primary LAN we typically suffix the hostname with a “b”.  So if we had a server named tiger (used for primary LAN) we would do backups/restores using tigerb (backup LAN).   In her issue the crosscheck script had “tiger” and when she changed it to “tigerb” which is what was in the backup/restore scripts then it worked properly.