Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 to LTO4 conversion

2010-05-26 14:35:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 to LTO4 conversion
From: Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
To: "Iverson, Jerald" <Jerald.Iverson AT invesco DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:35:27 -0500
Yeah that is our intent, to keep the media type the same. Changing drive
types presents a more challenging rollback and also limits us to the
amount of drives we can us during the migration and for restores.
Overall using new pools is quicker and easier to migrate with.

How do I freeze LTO3 media, outside of having to write protect every
tape by hand.

--
Nate Sanders            Digital Motorworks
System Administrator      (512) 692 - 1038

attachments from your system.