Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] re-assign all tapes from one volume to another

2010-05-24 10:31:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] re-assign all tapes from one volume to another
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>, "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:31:33 +0100
Hi Boris
Not sure of the version of NBU you are running, but I thought it was not easily done, as the vol DB and images DB need to be consistent, and changing the tapes from say, Pool 1 over to Pool 2, could cause some headaches.

In the Admin guide, I see a VMCHANGE command, but I am not sure this is what you are after.
I found this on the web http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/248093.htm
a little old, but it may still be relevant.

Unless someone else has a work around - What about duplcating the tape from POOL1 over to a new tape in POOL2 ?
Simon