Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 49, Issue 20

2010-05-23 11:54:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 49, Issue 20
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 11:54:10 -0400
> I want to add that netbackup 7 clients does not have VSP.

Because--and I'm sure you know this--now that Microsoft no longer
supports its server OSes which don't have VSS, neither can Veritas
(no Win2000 in NetBackup 7)--hence no longer a need to provide
OTM/VSP.

And I don't remember anyone complaining so much about OTM/VSP for
all the years when Veritas provided an open-file backup solution
because the clueless OS *vendor* did not.