Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange status 13 during bpstart script

2010-05-14 07:38:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange status 13 during bpstart script
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:36:58 +0100
Guys i've been reading on Status 13 quite a bit but am still flummoxed
as to why we are getting this on an environment here.

Ok

Netbackup 6.0MP4 Windows 2003 Master server
Netbackup 6.0MP4 Windows 2003 Media server attached to EMC disk virtual
storage.
Netbackup 6.0MP4 Linux Client running Suse linux

Basically we run a bpstart script which waits for a flag to appear from
another script ran from cron.
Once the flag is found we run a 3rd party application script to shut
down some applications.
Occasionally these 3rd party app shutdown scripts dont finish properly
and dont return to our bpstart script so it just sits there.
After the bpstart time out is reached the bpbkar on the client shows a
status 74 and exits.

Now the weird bit.

On the master server after 2 hours of the job starting a Status13 is
reported that the bpbrm process was forcibly terminated on the client.
The job then sits as active in the activity monitor sometimes, and other
times finished with status 13.

As this isn't a windows client vsp and vss are not to blame.

There are firewalls between media servers and clients though, so i was
wondering if some network issue was to blame???

Any pointers welcomed

Cheers