Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5 and MSCS Cluster

2010-05-13 16:47:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5 and MSCS Cluster
From: Daniel Pum <dpum AT DATALINK DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:47:26 -0500
Do you have virtual IP addresses/hostnames that also float with each grouping
of drives?
If so, you can create four separate policies - one for the OS and then one for
each virtual IP.

Policy virtual-1
    client virtual-1
    drives F, G, H
Policy virtual-2
    client virtual-2
    drives I, J, K
Policy virtual-3
    client virtual-3
    drives M, N, O
Policy cluster-OS
    client physical-1, physical-2, physical-3
    drives C, System_State

Backups of each policy will go to the appropriate virtual client name and get
access to the appropriate drives without error.

NetBackup will not "stitch" all these together into a single cluster view.
When you go to restore, you need to select the appropriate virtual client name
in the BAR GUI.

-daniel