Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Off Topic: Firmware and driver versions?

2010-05-12 07:55:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Off Topic: Firmware and driver versions?
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:54:10 +0200

Another Off Topic question:

In a big SSO environment with mixed O/S media servers attached to tape and disk (via different HBA’s) – who dictates what driver/firmware versions should be used on tape drives, hba’s, switches?

The NBU hardware compatibility list is very basic and list ‘tested’ versions for tape drives, not recommended.

As far as switches and HBA’s are concerned, the compatibility guide says: “Consult the hardware vendor's web site for up-to-date firmware and driver updates.”

My viewpoint is that the tape vendor should supply all these compatibilities. I’d like to know how it’s done in your environment and who initiates the whole process…

Regards

Marianne