Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large SAP backup problem

2010-05-06 11:02:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large SAP backup problem
From: luciano prata <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 11:01:39 -0400
Hi,

Weaver, Simon, i dont understand, you tell me to create one media server
specifically for this client is it? I think it?s a good idea, I have a free HBA
in this P595, and create a media server on the same host as my client and link
the HBA with my SAN network to the VTL, I think its work, my doubt is, is it
correctly? If I create one media server on the client I can mess up the
performance of the database I think..., but for now it?s a good idea.

Pedro Moranga, yea, its not the best way to do this backup, I have other client
with BCV and EMC sancopy and its work fine, the BCV client throughput is about
180Mb/s, 4 jobs with 45Mb/s each one.

But in this case My Unix analyst told me that BCV not apply to this client
(because im not a Unix analyst I think it?s a hardware or incompatibility
problem I don?t know how its work) and I go to find other solution but now I
return a meeting with the Unix team and they told me the problem to do BCV or
other solution for mirror de database to a one media server is because we don?t
have other 10Tb free in the storages.

In other words, the solution is take a mirror of this base to a media server
trough a SAN to VTL drives and do this backup like the other we have with BCV
or similar tecnology.

I will do a request to buy same disk to do this.

Thanks all for response,

Atenciosamente,
Luciano Prata
Analista de Backup