Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU and Clustered MSCS fileserver, Flashbackup?

2010-05-06 10:17:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU and Clustered MSCS fileserver, Flashbackup?
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Spellacy, Sean" <Sean.Spellacy AT viha DOT ca>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 09:17:28 -0500
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Spellacy, Sean <Sean.Spellacy AT viha DOT ca> wrote:
I was hoping to use flashbackup to be able to pull them but I read in the documentation that flashbackup is not supported on clusters.

From the 6.5.6 release notes:

(ET2003460) Support for FlashBackup in a Microsoft Cluster (MSCS)
environment

Beginning in NetBackup 6.5 GA, the use of FlashBackup in a Microsoft Cluster
(MSCS) environment is supported, with the following limitation: Raw partition
restores can only be performed when the disk being restored is placed in
extended maintenance mode or removed from the MSCS resource group.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/341279.pdf

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org

Is this true? This does not work or this is not supported? Is anyone using flashbackup on win clusters?

So far I have broken these jobs down into multiple streams and that has bought me some ground, but I suspect the real issue here is the millions of files being parsed. I have also balanced to jobs across two media servers.

Does anyone have any insights or opinions as to how I may be able to speed up these jobs.

Thanks in advance

SSS