Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Architectural question (staging)

2010-05-05 17:30:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Architectural question (staging)
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Victor Engle <victor.engle AT gmail DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 16:30:17 -0500
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Martin, Jonathan <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com> wrote:

I wouldn't take advice on this matter from someone who "worked with disk staging units for at least a year" and "gave up."

We worked extensively with Symantec on this issue.  We were in regular contact with the customer focus team.  They were onsite.  We had engineering onsite.  We went to their engineering offices a few miles down the road from us.  We met with product management.  Symantec was unable to solve the performance issues after well over a year of trying.

Obviously your mileage will vary.  I'm glad it works for some people - Symantec was unable to make it work for us.

   .../Ed