Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] duplicate multi-stream backup tape

2010-04-29 17:11:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] duplicate multi-stream backup tape
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <feroz.basir AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:00:54 +0000
Multiplexed duplications can be created by using the -mpx option. Refer to the
discussion of the -mpx option for more information.

You have an option to keep the multiplexing or not.
If you do not, then it reads the tape once for each image....

If you keep multiplexing it should just read the tape once and make the new one
just like the old one.