Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] duplicate multi-stream backup tape

2010-04-29 16:53:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] duplicate multi-stream backup tape
From: Feroz Basir <feroz.basir AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:52:57 +0100
Hi,

I have 2 tape drives. Our backup is running too long now and been
using 2 media tapes (one after another). I'm using bpduplicate to
duplicate our backup tapes.

Thinking of running our backup in multistream job to utilise 2 tape
drives at the same time and save backup time. Hoping our backup time
would be downed by half. My concern is during duplicate process. Do I
need 4 tape drives in order to run multistream tape that use 2 tapes?
How does one run duplicate job on multistream backup tapethat use more
than one tape?

Thanks for your input.