Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Odd issues

2010-04-19 13:02:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Odd issues
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:02:01 -0400

Hello Kevin,

Which model of tape drives are you using?

Which model of tape carts are you using?

How old are the tape drives?

How old are the tape carts?

What messages are you seeing in bptm for the tape? You might have to search back a bit from the freezing to find the reason that netbackup is reporting for the freezing.

Are you using encryption?

Are you sharing the tape drives between media servers?

If you use the web interface to the tape library, can you see any errors for the tape drives or the library that match up with these problems?

len