Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Purging hosts from Symantec OpsCenter

2010-04-07 07:40:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Purging hosts from Symantec OpsCenter
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 06:39:44 -0500
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:34 AM, nez <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

We've been running Symantec OpsCenter for some time now and we see "dead clients" in OpsCenter.

We have 96 unique clients, OpsCenter however shows 140 "unique" clients. Most of the false clients are "old clients", servers which we've deleted for some time now, some are existing clients but with the domain suffix added to the hostname.

In OpsCenter I can easily recognise them when I go to:
Monitor > Hosts > Client
the "dead clients" have the value "-" in "OS Type" and "Hardware"

All these clients have been properly removed from policies and host properties in the NetBackup Java Administration Console. There is no trace of them there, but they appear to remain forever in OpsCenter which is sabotaging our reports as filtering hosts in reports is becoming more time consuming.

Do you still have valid images in your catalog for those clients?

   .../Ed