Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] per-directory policies a la NetWorker?

2010-04-06 21:22:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] per-directory policies a la NetWorker?
From: David Magda <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 21:21:51 -0400
NetWorker has a feature where you can put a ".nsr" file in a
directory, and then during backup it's contents will be parse so that
you can treat particular files or directories in a special way. An
example from the man page:

> Having a /usr/src/.nsr file containing:
>       +skip: errs *.o
>       +compressasm: .
> would cause all files (or directories) in /usr/src named errs or *.o
> (and anything contained within them) to be skipped.  In addition,
> all other files contained in /usr/src will be compressed during save
> and will be set up for automatic decompression on recover.

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?db=man&fname=4%20nsr
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?db=man&fname=uasm

Is there a similar feature in NetBackup 6.5 and above? I know there's
a $HOME/bp.conf, but is there something that can be dropped in an
arbitrary directory?

Thanks for any info.